Step 1: Register to be a Volunteer
Registering on our site allows you to sign up for volunteer opportunities, and to submit the forms and information we need before you start volunteering.
- Click here to go to our secure registration page.
- If you are already a volunteer with Catholic Charities, you will still need to fill out this information in order to sign up for volunteer opportunities on this site.
Step 2: Find a Volunteer Opportunity that interests you
You can use our volunteer website to find opportunities to volunteer with us across Cook and Lake counties.
- Click here to search for volunteer opportunities.
- You can also browse our Opportunity Calendar to look for opportunities on a certain day and time. Many opportunities have flexible schedules that allow you to set your own hours, and these will not be featured on the opportunity calendar.
Step 3: Express Interest/Sign Up for a Volunteer Opportunity
Once you find an opportunity that interests you, you will have the option to
- Express Interest--We will contact you with further information about the opportunity and how to sign up. Many opportunities require further orientations or background checks in order to ensure the safety of our clients. Please do not show up at the opportunity without hearing from us first.
- Sign Up--You will be automatically signed up for the opportunity, and will receive a confirmation email containing all of the information you need. It is important for you to show up to opportunities that you sign up for. If you can no longer attend, you are able to remove yourself from the opportunity by logging into your account.
Step 4: Volunteer!
Thank you for volunteering with Catholic Charities!