Catholic Charities works closely with schools, universities, parishes, faith communities, youth groups, scout troops, alumni and professional organizations, and other groups to help those in crisis with basic needs and beyond. By working together we can better achieve our common goal of serving those in need.
Catholic Charities provides opportunities for members of your group to perform service projects together, or complete service hour requirements. We offer volunteer opportunities that take place on site at one of our program locations across Lake and Cook counties, or off site wherever your organization calls home.
There are many ways for your group to get involved with the work of Catholic Charities:
- Host a birthday party for the children living at one of our shelters
- Play Bingo with seniors at a senior residence or adult daycare
- Draw and write cards for people who have experienced the loss of a loved one to suicide
- Host a baby shower and collect diapers for our teen parenting programs
- Host a Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter, or Halloween party at a shelter or senior residence
- Serve a meal to our seniors, veterans, or homeless neighbors
- Put together welcome baskets for refugee families
For these and many other ways to get involved, please contact Melissa DiCesare, Volunteer Relations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 655-7322.