Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+, Maximum Age:80
- Increased high school graduation rates
- Lower high school dropout rates
- Healthier relationships and lifestyle choices
- Better attitude about school
- Higher college enrollment rates and higher educational aspirations
- Enhanced self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improved behavior, both at home and at school
- Stronger relationships with parents, teachers, and peers
- Improved interpersonal skills
- Decreased likelihood of initiating drug and alcohol use
We are holding an informational
Wednesday, April 11th, 5:30-7pm
671 South Lewis Ave, Waukegan, IL
Catholic Charities is currently recruiting mentors to work with youth ages 9-12 in Lake County. Once you’ve been matched, you develop a schedule and plan activities that work best for you and your mentee. Outings can happen during the week or on the weekend. Take in a movie, visit a museum, play a board game, or just spend a day in the park. Our Program Coordinator will be there every step of the way to offer guidance and training, suggest age appropriate activities, and help you develop a strong relationship with your mentee. You will also have an opportunity to participate in quarterly special events that bring all of our mentors and mentees together to engage in fun activities, share ideas, and build supportive relationships. Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum requirements include:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Commit to a minimum of a 1 year relationship, meeting once each week
- Complete volunteer application, orientation process and mentor trainings
- Own a car and have proof of insurance (no car sharing programs allowed)
- Have a valid Illinois driver’s license and 3 years of driving experience
- Be willing to pick up your mentee, and drive mentee to and from all outings
- Allow the agency to conduct a Criminal Background and a Driving Check
- Be available to participate in regular phone meetings with Catholic Charities staff
Express Interest below to get more information!
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: