Assisting Immigrants and Refugees in Cook and Lake Counties
Catholic Charities has a long-standing history of service to the immigrant community in Chicago, including providing naturalization and legal assistance, counseling services, and educational workshops to immigrants. We have also been helping refugees adjust to life in the United States for over 40 years by helping them secure housing and basic necessities, enroll in English classes, navigate our legal, health, and education systems, and find jobs.
Some ways you can help:
- Become a Basic ESL Teacher at our Waukean Community Center
- Serve as a Bilungual Spanish Citizenship Teacher at our Waukena Community Center
- Offer Bilungual Basic Computer Classes at our Waukegan Community Center
- Mentor children or help out in our food pantry in the Back of the Yards community
- Provide bilingual support to our Southwest Chicago office