IMPACT AREA: REFUGEES AND IMMIGRANTS
Catholic Charities has a long-standing history of service to the immigrant community in Chicago, including providing naturalization and legal assistance, counseling services, and educational workshops to immigrants. We have also been helping refugees adjust to life in the United States for over 40 years by helping them secure housing and basic necessities, enroll in English classes, navigate our legal, health, and education systems, and find jobs.
Some ways you can help:
- Become a Basic ESL Teacher
- Become a Classroom Companion at one of our child development centers (Chicago Lawn, Cordi Marian, or Our Lady of Tepeyac)
- Help support Refugee Women Artists
- Mentor children or help out in our food pantry in the Back of the Yards community
- Provide bilingual support to our Southwest Chicago office